This page links to BCSC datasets available for download and to information about key BCSC data variables.
- Data Elements and Questionnaires - Describes data elements and shows sample questionnaires given to women and radiologists in the course of usual care at radiology facilities
- BCSC Data Definitions - Standard variable definitions used by the BCSC
- Distribution of Key Variables - Information about a few key variables in the BCSC data
Data available for download
- Risk Estimation Dataset
- Risk Factors Dataset
- Hormone Therapy & Breast Cancer Incidence Data
- Digital Mammography Dataset
If the publicly available data listed above do not meet your needs, please visit the Working with the BCSC page to learn about the process of requesting custom datasets from the BCSC.
Note: Data collected and maintained by the Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium are protected by a Federal Certificate of Confidentiality from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Per the terms of this certificate, identifiable data shall be disclosed only when: required by federal, state, or local laws; necessary for medical treatment of the individual to whom the data pertains; made with the consent of the individual; or made for the purposes of other scientific research complying with federal regulations governing human subjects research. For more details on these protections and their limits, please visit the NIH Certificate of Confidentiality Website.