The Breast Cancer Surveillance Consortium and its data collection activities are funded by grants from the National Cancer Institute (P01CA154292, U54CA163303), the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCS-1504-30370), and the Agency for Health Research and Quality (R01 HS018366-01A1). The collection of cancer and vital status data is supported in part by several state public health departments and cancer registries throughout the U.S. A full description of these sources is below. We thank the participating women, mammography facilities, and radiologists for the data they have provided for this work.
CANCER REGISTRY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
The collection of cancer incidence and vital status data used in this study was supported, in part, by:
- The California Department of Public Health as part of the statewide cancer reporting program mandated by California Health and Safety Code Section 103885; the National Cancer Institute's Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program under contract HHSN261201000140C awarded to the Cancer Prevention Institute of California, contract HHSN261201000035C awarded to the University of Southern California, and contract HHSN261201000034C awarded to the Public Health Institute; and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's National Program of Cancer Registries, under agreement U58-DP003862-01 awarded to the California Department of Public Health;
- The Vermont Cancer Registry, Vermont Department of Health;
- The Cancer Surveillance System of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, which is funded by contracts N01-CN-005230, N01-CN-67009, N01-PC-35142, HHSN261201000029C, and HHSN261201300012I from the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute with additional support from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the State of Washington;
- The New Hampshire State Cancer Registry supported in part by cooperative agreement U55/CCU-121912 awarded to the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health Services, Bureau of Disease Control and Health Statistics, Health Statistics and Data Management Section;
- The North Carolina Central Cancer Registry, which is partially supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under cooperative agreement DP12-120503CONT14;
- The Colorado Central Cancer Registry, which is partially supported by the Colorado State General Fund and the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (National Program of Cancer Registries) under Cooperative Agreement U58000848;
- The New Mexico Tumor Registry supported, in part, by National Cancer Institute (NCI) contract NO1-PC-35138 and by the University of New Mexico Cancer Center, a recipient of NCI Cancer Support Grant P30-CA118100.
- Manuscripts including data from the Metro Chicago Breast Cancer Registry were supported in part by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State Cancer Registry which is partially supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under cooperative agreement DP12-120504CONT15.
The ideas and opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and endorsement by the State of California, the California Department of Public Health; Illinois Department of Public Health; New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services; the National Cancer Institute, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or their Contractors and Subcontractors is not intended nor should be inferred.